JetLAG is an annual multi-cultural and multi-genre open-air music festival that takes place each year in the Catskill Mountains of Upstate New York:
It was founded in 2009 as a Russian American Festival, but has since grown into a unique event where different groups of people bond, at the initiative of one community, sharing views, tastes, and cultivating ideas across genres, localities, and cultures.
The only European style festival of its size on American soil:
JetLAG annually features a diverse lineup of internationally acclaimed musicians who perform in all styles of music and languages from around the world. In true roots spirit, at JetLAG camping is the norm, and all of our performances occur on outdoor stages in the spacious open air of the beautiful Peaceful Valley Campsite in the Catskills of Upsate New York.
At JetLAG you’ll find what you love, and you’ll love what you find:
From the big names to new discoveries, the festival presents, and represents, everything from avant garde rock, Balkan wave, Klezmer, psychedelic trance, folk and sung poetry, reggae, rap, cabaret, French chanson, spoken word, experimental math rock, and more.
At JetLAG, we feature the ‘best of the best’ musicians from around the world:
Our headliners are musicians who are famous for re-imagining and re-inventing themselves and their music in improvisations in their performances.
No two performances are alike.
The festival’s headliners and guest list change every year and include internationally known musicians from all over the world (US, Canada, Russia, and Israel, to name a few).
Past performers have included:
– Ken Hensley of Uriah Heap (inspiration to Deep Purple), JetLAG 2014
– Leonid Fedorov, of the legendary Russian rock band ‘Auktyon’. Traditional headliner, JetLAG since 2009
– Frank London, world famous jazz and klezmer trumpeter, composer and bandleader [‘Klezmatics’, ‘Brotherhood of Grass’] JetLAG 2009, 2011, 2014
– Hazmat Modine of NYC, JetLAG 2015.
– Psoy Korolenko, renowned ”avant bard” of Yiddish/Russian/English song, JetLAG since 2009.
– Daniel Kahn – Detroit-born, Berlin-based and worldwide travelling singer-songwriter and actor, a prominent figures in new Yiddish political song
– Kruzenshtern i Parohod – a Russophone Israel experimental music band, featuring a bass guitarist, singer, composer and multi-instrumentalist Igor Krutogolov
– and many more….
We are the JetLAG family.
We are the JetLAG people.
We are the JetLAG generation.
We are entirely similar
and infinitely different.
Welcome to GENESIS!
Welcome to JetLAG-2017!